Aptum refuses to SWIP

Justin Streiner streinerj at gmail.com
Tue May 9 15:45:10 UTC 2023

When I worked for a local/regional ISP in the late 90s/early 00s, we
initially SWIP'd assignments for business customers and did generic
assignments for things like dial-up address pools or NAT front-end ranges
for residential customers, but provided more detailed information for
business customers.  Around 1998/1999 we switched from doing SWIPs to
running our own rwhois server.  Because we had good documentation, our IP
block requests to ARIN were generally pretty painless.

Thank you
jms