Best Linux (or BSD) hosted BGP?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon May 8 20:52:13 UTC 2023

On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 9:04 PM Mark Tinka <mark at tinka.africa> wrote:
> IS-IS in Quagga and FRR are not yet ready for business, is what I would
> caution.

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure I'd call bugs that don't appear when running FRR on Linux
(only FreeBSD), "not yet ready for business." Or did I misunderstand
your bug report?

Don't get me wrong: if you tell me it's not right until it works
without Linux-centric assumptions, I'll agree with you. But not being
ready for your custom environment is not quite the same thing as not
being broadly ready for others.

The thing that bugs me about FRR versus Quagga is that for reasons I
don't follow, the BGP table takes twice as much ram. That's why
there's still some Quagga in my environment.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin