Aptum refuses to SWIP

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 6 18:26:01 UTC 2023

On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 8:48 AM richey goldberg
<richey.goldberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> In 25 years of working for ISPs I don’t think I’ve ever worked for one that SWIPed IP space of any size to an end user and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a request.  Mostly because no one wants to put a list of customers out in the public domain.

There are ISPs that swip, all allocations except those which are
'residential' (see arin / ripe rules about this, privacy related)...
My home internet connection when I worked for uunet had swip data the
company automatically added, as it did with all customers. (in fact
that swip still exists, for <reasons>)