Routed optical networks

Vasilenko Eduard vasilenko.eduard at huawei.com
Fri May 5 11:04:27 UTC 2023

Hi Mark,
Thanks a lot for many of your valuable comments I almost always agree.

1.       I agree that 50GE has not got the same popularity as 100GE. Many vendors did ignore it for some time. Looks like not many ignore it now.

2.       Even in your example for 40km, 100GE is about twice more expensive than 50GE.

3.       Hence, I have to google for the cheaper proposition in 10km. For obvious reasons, I could not reference my employer (my assumption about the cost is based on this comparison).
https://opticswave.com/collections/50g-qsfp28
https://www.compufox.com/50G_QSFP28_Transceivers_s/3036.htm
https://www.genuinemodules.com/033030600050
Looks like I have found twice cheaper in public information.

4.       Pay attention that bidirectional is available too.

5.       The public price is not what you get in the real tender. We are talking about big networks, hence, big tenders.

Eduard