Aptum refuses to SWIP

Forrest Christian (List Account) lists at packetflux.com
Fri May 5 02:09:01 UTC 2023

I can't speak for aptum, but I'm curious as to why this is important to
you?   I'm not trying to discount this at all,  just curious why this
matters in the internet of 2023.

I went through a couple years back and removed all of our mostly outdated
SWIP data and replaced it with generic information.  But I run an eyeballs
network and I don't remember the last time we allocated something shorter
than a /28 to a customer.

I can think of a couple reasons it might be good for the swip to still
reflect the actual customer.   But most of the ones I can think of don't
apply as much anymore.   About the only things I can think about which may
matter has to do with reverse dns delegation if the parent block is smaller
than a /16 and maybe having specific contact or address information in
specific circumstances.

Mainly I'm asking to update my personal knowledge of how these records are
used anymore.