Spectrum networks IPv6 access issue

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Wed May 3 14:14:40 UTC 2023

> My issue was just trying to convince Spectrum to look into the problem in
> the first place, I brought the Atlas probe receipts because it’s such a
> helpful tool, but wasn’t able to get through to anyone helpful (acct mgr,
> noc email, even the escalation list) until I started lighting fires filing
> FCC complaints and using social media (which thankfully worked).
>

> Sucks for us folk who went all in on v6 only to find out not even the ISP
> can help us.

While this situation presented itself on IPv6, it's certainly not a problem
uniquely experienced  by or related to IPv6. There are all manners of
issues, regardless of address family, that can take too much time to
resolve because of issues with  knowledge / tooling / contacts / etc .

There is a reason "Does anyone know someone over at FOO?" has been a common
phrase for decades.