FCC Chair Rosenworcel Proposes to Investigate Impact of Data Caps

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Tue Jun 20 05:44:54 UTC 2023

On 6/19/23 14:56, Mike Hammett wrote:

> You're assuming that an uncapped service is viable to offer. In many
> areas, it is. In many areas, it is not.

It is viable for mobile services, even though I think mobile operators
have taken the model a little too far.

But for fixed line services, it is mainly used to print free money, or
limit investment in the network. I'm okay with either model an operator
chooses to take, because until someone else comes along to break capped
services on fixed line, there isn't much anyone can do about it.

Mark.