New addresses for b.root-servers.net

Crist Clark cjc+nanog at pumpky.net
Sun Jun 18 01:05:40 UTC 2023

IP addresses cannot and should not be trusted. It’s not like you can really
trust your packets going to B _today_ are going to and from the real B (or
Bs).

If the security of DNS relies on no one intercepting or spoofing responses
of some of your queries to a root server, it’s been game over for a long
time.