FCC Chair Rosenworcel Proposes to Investigate Impact of Data Caps

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Sat Jun 17 23:42:51 UTC 2023

On 6/17/23 4:14 PM, Tom Beecher wrote:

>     Also: they plan to use Starship when it's available which has 10x
>     more capacity. If it really is fully reusable as advertised, that
>     is going to really drive down the launch cost.
>

> Starship is years away from being flight ready. The most recent test
> launch from Texas was not a 'successful failure' as widely portrayed
> in the media.  Reputable people who have been working in this field
> for decades have pointed out tons of massive problems that are not
> quick fixes.

Betting that Starship won't be a factor is not a bet I'd make. And I'm
definitely not a Musk fan boy. A lot of the same NASA types didn't
believe they'd get where they are now either. Because... you know,
vested interests. I'd bet that Starship will be a factor way before the
Senate Launch System.

Mike