FCC Chair Rosenworcel Proposes to Investigate Impact of Data Caps

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Fri Jun 16 23:07:04 UTC 2023

On 6/16/23 3:18 PM, Keith Stokes wrote:
> Cox also has a 1.2 TB cap.
>
> If I can believe my graphs, the metered Cox connection (video
> streaming primarily for wife) is about 90 GB the month of April and
> the unmetered ATT fiber WFH for me is about 370 GB. Total LAN is about
> 450 GB. Napkin math but it's pretty close.

Modulo P2P nodes, what drives high usage? I guess game downloads are
getting gigantic these days, but that's not an every day event. Back in
the bad old days it wasn't inconceivable to go over the lower caps but
once it's big enough to support video what is left? I mean, how much 4k
pr0n can randy teenagers watch in one month?

Mike