RESOLVED: Cogent Abuse - Bogus Propagation of ASN 36471

Pete Rohrman prohrman at stage2networks.com
Thu Jul 20 21:20:27 UTC 2023

Matt/Giorgio,

See my answers inline to Matt's line of questioning below, but the
basics are that those prefixes and AS number were owned by S2NL and used
for years.  After all the employees were let go (including me), this
router in question was compromised, and the ssh and enable were
changed.  Don't know who did it.  ARIN re-assigned the AS and prefixes
to other parties.  A few days ago, the new AS owner found me from an
ARIN registration, and asked for my assistance to cease advertising
AS36471.  I opened tickets with Cogent to turn it down, to learn that I
was removed from the ability to make such radical requests.  I was just
trying to be a good internet citizen by assisting in sorting this out.
It's resolved now.  Thank you for the help.

Pete
Stage2 "Survivor Island" Bronze Medal Winner