Cogent Abuse - Bogus Propagation of ASN 36471

Pete Rohrman prohrman at stage2networks.com
Thu Jul 20 15:06:04 UTC 2023

Ben,

Compromised as in a nefarious entity went into the router and changed
passwords and did whatever.  Everything advertised by that comprised
router is bogus.  The compromised router is owned by OrgID: S2NL (now
defunct).  AS 36471 belongs to KDSS-23
<https://search.arin.net/rdap?query=KDSS-23&searchFilter=entity>. The
compromised router does not belong to Kratos KDSS-23
<https://search.arin.net/rdap?query=KDSS-23&searchFilter=entity>, and is
causing routing problems.  The compromised router needs to be shut
down.  The owner of the compromised router ceased business, and there
isn't anyone around to address this at S2NL. The only people that can
resolve this is Cogent.   Cogent's defunct customer's router was
compromised, and is spewing out bogus advertisements.

Pete

--
Pete
Stage2 "Survivor Island" Bronze Medal Winner