malware warning

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Jul 19 00:55:55 UTC 2023

On 7/18/23 7:02 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
> malware email is so common i normally do not warn of it.  but, in
> this case, the attacker is extracting quotes from nanog and luring
> folk into clicking.  e.g.
I've been getting messages like those described on again and off again
for quite a while.  --  I've been reporting them like spam.

I've seen similar for other mailing lists.  I didn't think that NANOG
was special in any way.

P.S.A.  Please do cripple URLs in questionable messages.  Let's at least
make it so that people have to actively stab themselves and can't simply
fall on a knife.

Grant. . . .