My first ARIN Experience but probably not the last, unfortunately..

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Sun Jul 16 03:57:09 UTC 2023

> The issue being a newcomer and not fully versed on the levels, I never
> made the connection of the /36 to the 2X-Small Category. A simple addition
> of adding in a reference to that category would make it a lot more clear..

The service levels are defined right there in the chart above the wording
on the fee waiver. What do you mean you 'weren't fully versed' on the
levels? They are right there!

Looking at the ARIN website and fee schedule, I see there is a blurb at the
> bottom of the RSP Categories and Fees about IPv6 fees being waived until
> December 31, 2026. My reaction was along the lines of this is great, it
> helps small companies and startups get IPv6 deployed and up and running in
> their environment.

There is no possible way that anyone should interpret the current wording
of the asterisk'd text as ALL IPv6 fees are waived until 2026. None. If
that's your take away, I'm not sure what to say.

As the blurb in the schedule mentions nothing about the 2X-Small Category
> and honestly, no fees are really waived.

I'm 100% with John here. You didn't read it. The chart shows you what a
2X-Small category is. Very straight forward.

Feedback that the text could be slightly more descriptive is perfectly
legitimate. Accusing ARIN of 'bait and switch' because you didn't RTFM is
not.