Request for assistance with Verizon FIOS connection

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Sat Jul 15 04:07:09 UTC 2023

Getting the FCC involved seems premature, since the OP hasn't yet ruled out a problem with his home made router. Not that there's anything wrong with making your own router, but it seems there is a burden of proof on the end user to demonstrate the problem isn't at with the CPE. Even a test as simple as connecting a laptop up for a day and running pings would rule out the CPE.

  -mel