My first ARIN Experience but probably not the last, unfortunately..

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Jul 14 20:58:10 UTC 2023

On 7/14/23 12:04 PM, Robert Webb wrote:
> For all of you who have historical knowledge of how ARIN has/does
> operate, throw that out the window and look at it from a newcomer
> point of view and the wording being taken at face value.
Drive by comment:

I can see how someone not in the know -- like myself -- could mistake
this the way that Robert did.  I can also see how it might be taken
differently by those in the know.

"There is a temporary IPv6 fee waiver for organizations in the 3X-Small
service category."

I can see that as both "(new) organizations (that aren't currently
registered) that are the size of a 3X-Small..." and "(existing 3X-Small)
organizations that are (already registered and) the size of a 3X-Small..."

It seems somewhat unclear to me if it applies to new registrants or if
it's a perk for existing registrants to grow.

Just my $0.02 worth as I drive by.

Grant. . . .