My first ARIN Experience but probably not the last, unfortunately..

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Jul 14 17:57:36 UTC 2023

On Fri, 14 Jul 2023, Robert Webb wrote:

> For all of you who have historical knowledge of how ARIN has/does operate, throw that out the window and look at it from a newcomer point of view and the wording being taken at
> face value.

You just stopped reading after the part you liked :)

"There is a temporary IPv6 fee waiver for organizations in the 3X-Small
service category. A 3X-Small organization may receive registry services
for up to a /36 of total IPv6 space and remain in the 3X-Small service
category. This waiver will expire 31 December 2026."

The "fee waiver" is that they're allowing a 3x-small org to grow into a
2x-small org's worth of v6 space while staying at the 3x-small org annual
fee.

Presumably, you could request a /40, and then request another (and
another...), and as long as you have a /36 or less worth of v6 space,
you'll still only owe $250/year for the IPv6 space until this "deal"
expires at the end of 2026.