Request for assistance with Verizon FIOS connection

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Fri Jul 14 15:44:08 UTC 2023

The first thing I would do is to try a different RJ45 cable AND router to rule out your cable or homemade router being the problem. Yes, you’ll have to pick up a cheap router, but any $50 gadget, such as a Mikrotik RB or Ubiquiti ER-X will do. Most network techs have a garage full of castoff routers they can pull out in a pinch.

 -mel beckman