IP range for lease

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Jul 11 21:43:05 UTC 2023

On Jul 11, 2023, at 5:14 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
In fact, John, some further NRPM research reveals the following:

1. Downstream references almost all apply to address issuance limitations and customer utilization limitations.
The only places the term is applied to registration are NRPM 4.2.3..3.2 (Residential customer privacy),
NRPM 6.5.5.3.1 (Residential Customer Privacy)  and NRPM 6.5.5.4 (Registration Requested by Recipient)..

2. Language requiring registration of reallocations and reassignments are as follows:   ...

3. I don’t see anything ambiguous in that text that would exclude reassignments or reallocations independent of connectivity from the registration requirements.

Owen -

There is nothing explicit either way, and I have provided the current policy interpretation – If you believe it should be done in a specific manner, please propose policy changes to make more explicit.

(In any case, please take this topic to ARIN’s ppml mailing list if you wish to continue further discussion, as nanog is not the best list for such topics…)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO