Outside plant - prewire customer demarc preference

Justin Streiner streinerj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 04:17:10 UTC 2023

We just built a new house in 2021. The builder ran 2" schedule 40 from the
side of the house out to the distribution point in front of my neighbor's
house.  I didn't specify 2" - that's what the builder ran.  A portion of
that run must have existed before construction because no one had to tear
up my neighbor's yard to get to the distro box.

Once I convinced Verizon that Fios was indeed available in this
neighborhood (separate matter entirely), it was an easy matter for the tech
to pull the drop cable through the empty conduit, drill a hole a few feet
above the foundation and land the cable in the basement.

I didn't run any surface tube or conduit in the basement, but there was
enough room for the install tech to run the cable without too much of a
fight.

Thank you
jms