MX204 Virtual Chassis Setup

tim at pelican.org tim at pelican.org
Wed Aug 23 16:29:25 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 23 August, 2023 16:33, "Mark Tinka" <mark at tinka.africa> said:

[faceplate oversubscription]

> On the new ACX line, yes.

Not Trio, and different PLM :)

> We don't mess around with any other MX products, so not sure (although
> we are still yet to deploy the MPC10E's and the MX304).

MX304 (well, strictly LMIC16) has the same restriction, and a need for another entry in the magic port checker (https://apps.juniper.net/home/port-checker/index.html) for restrictions beyond "SUM(port-speeds) <= 1.6T".

They make sense once you've looked at the block diagram for the thing and followed the lines, but things like "4x10G breakout can only go in odd-numbered ports, and you have to leave the corresponding next-lowest even-numbered port empty" are not instantly obvious.

Thanks,
Tim.