Destination Preference Attribute for BGP

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Mon Aug 21 15:44:18 UTC 2023

> So, while this all sounds good, without any specifics on vendor, box,
> code, code revision number, fix, year it happened, current status, e.t.c.,
> I can't offer any meaningful engagement.

If you clicked Matt's link to the Google search, you could tell from the
results what vendor , model, and year it was pretty quickly.

>  It's just not moving the needle on this thread, though.

Assertion Made : "Networks can scrub communities for memory or convergence
reasons."
Others : "That doesn't seem like a concern. "
Matt : "Here was a real situation that happened where it was a concern, and
the specifics on the reason why."

How is that not 'moving the needle? Because you didn't get full transcripts
of his conversation with the vendor?.  I'm sure a lot of people didn't even
know that hashing / memory hotspotting was even a thing. Now they do.