Hawaiian ILEC infrastructure and fire

TJ Trout tj at pcguys.us
Thu Aug 17 17:55:35 UTC 2023

I'm familiar with the island, it's it's puzzling that the major 3 cell
carriers would accept a single point of failure like that, you would think
they had microwave backup at minimum. Maybe it was a generator issue.

I'm sure a few cells burned but there are over ten on the west side so they
didn't all burn.

Feet on the ground are reporting they brought in at least a few COWS
(cellular on wheels/portable cell site trucks)