NTP Sync Issue Across Tata (Europe)

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 23:29:12 UTC 2023

The paper suggests the compromise of critical infrastructure. So, besides
not using NTP, why not stop using DNS ? Just populate a hosts file with all
you need.

BTW, the stratum-0 source you suggested is known to have been manipulated
in the past (https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/modernization/sa/), so you
need to bet on that specific state actor not returning to old habits.

OTOH, 4 of the 5 servers I suggested have their own atomic clock, and you
can keep using GPS as well. If GPS goes bananas on timing, that source will
just be disregarded (one of the features of the NTP architecture that has
been pointed out over and over in this thread and you keep ignoring it).

Rubens

Rubens