Re: ARIN RPA updated (again) to address TAL distribution (Re: ARIN RPKI services terms/conditions - Change to Management of the Trust Anchor Locator for ARINʼs RPKI Service)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Sep 29 22:40:58 UTC 2022

On 29 Sep 2022, at 6:26 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net<mailto:jcurran at arin.net>> wrote:
may i include the arin tal in my software product with neither i nor
the user of the product being encumbered, signing anything, ... as
with the other RIRs?

Randy -

Yes.

From the revised RPA -  "Notwithstanding the foregoing, You are specifically allowed to publicly distribute the ARIN TAL, including by embedding the ARIN TAL in relying party software;”

Randy -

Note that “as with the other RIRs” may be a key element of your question, since users
of the other RIRs RPKI repositories are also subject to the relevant terms and conditions
(e.g. "RIPE NCC Certification Repository Terms and Conditions" https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/resource-management/rpki/legal/ripe-ncc-certification-repository-terms-and-conditions) To the extent that you rely on ARIN’s RPA to provide the right to publicly
distribute the TAL, you are also subject its terms and conditions.  I don’t particularly
consider being subject to the terms and conditions of service that your choose as
making one “encumbered”, but for avoidance of doubt figured I should point that out.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO