Article: DoD, DoJ press FCC for industry-wide BGP security standard

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Sep 20 18:29:13 UTC 2022

> Does another barrier to entry make sense?

ROV's ROA creation is a barrier to entry in north america, as discussed
in another thread or see

    https://scholarship.law.upenn.edu/faculty_scholarship/2035/

there are other cultures where isp operational security is taken more
seriously than power and money.

> Do we trust the FCC to come up with an industry wide fool proof
> (whatever that means) security standard?

note that the DHS funded the development of both dns and routing
security technology.  otoh, as other cultures, clue is not evenly
distributed.

the first step is said to be admitting one has a problem.

randy