Random shower thought: GBIC with LC connector...

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Nov 15 19:08:04 UTC 2022

On 11/15/22 08:16, Mel Beckman wrote:
> No. GBIC stands for Great Big Inserted Cartridge. LC stands for Little Connector. Thus they are not compatible.

LC is Little Click. As opposed to ST = Stab and Twist and SC = Stab and
Click.

I haven't seen such a thing for GBIC to SFP and the height may be
insufficient to do so, but in the 10G realm there are adapters that
convert an X2 slot to accept SFP+.

I've never seen a native GBIC with LC connectors.

There are these things, but you have to remove the clip on the LC side
to separate them. https://www.fs.com/products/32579.html

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV