Let's Focus on Moving Forward Re: V6 still not supported

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Mar 29 19:25:57 UTC 2022

> On Mar 26, 2022, at 09:37 , Tom Beecher <beecher at beecher.cc> wrote:
>
> Have you ever considered that this may be in fact:
>
> */writing/* and */deploying/* the code that will allow the use of 240/4 the
> way you expect
>
> While Mr. Chen may have considered that, he has repeatedly hand waved that it's 'not that big a deal.', so I don't think he adequately grasps the scale of that challenge.

It’s certainly clear that he does not understand that in terms of cost-benefit ratio, the benefit of deploying his idea divided by the cost is a significantly lower number (in my estimation) than the much larger benefit of deploying IPv6 divided by the rather limited remaining costs involved in doing so.

Owen