Scanning the Internet for Vulnerabilities

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Wed Jun 22 04:04:12 UTC 2022

When I lock the doors etc to my home I'll often mutter "ya know, if
someone is rattling my door knob I already have a big problem."

I suppose when I'm home it might give me a warning if I hear it.

There must be a metaphor in there somewhere.

I do recall as a teen noticing that one of the closed store's on the
main drag's door was unlocked late one night walking home (this was in
NYC.)

I saw a cop and told him and he scolded me angrily for rattling door
knobs, I could be arrested for that! But verified it, looked around
inside with his flashlight, and called it in.

I forget how I noticed but I wasn't in the habit of rattling stores'
door knobs, I think the door was just a bit ajar.

--
        -Barry Shein