FCC vs FAA Story

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Jun 5 21:06:14 UTC 2022

It appears that Miles Fidelman <mfidelman at meetinghouse.net> said:
>> Harold Feld did a much better job in November:
>>
>> https://wetmachine.com/tales-of-the-sausage-factory/what-the-eff-faa-my-insanely-long-field-guide-to-the-faa-fcc-5g-c-band-fight/
>Well... a bit better look at the politics & motivations of the folks
>involved.  Still doesn't address whether or not C band radios break
>radio altimeters.

 To translate from the FCC-esse: “Air industry, we cannot screw over
 the U.S. deployment in 5G by taking the single largest, most useful
 allocation of 5G spectrum off the shelf indefinitely because a handful
 of older, crappy altimeters might under some wildly improbable set of
 circumstances experience harmful interference. While we take air
 safety issues seriously, you guys are gonna need to recognize that “no
 5G in lower C-Band” is not a realistic expectation. So please work
 with the wireless industry here to figure out if you are going to need
 to get people to upgrade their equipment.”

Also this link from the article, which is self-serving but I believe
their numbers are accurate:

https://www.5gandaviation.com/

R's,
John