is nanog really in the spoofer report?

Matthew Luckie mjl at luckie.org.nz
Sun Jul 10 21:18:06 UTC 2022

> I just realized that many automatically put emails with the subject
> line of "Spoofer Report for NANOG" in the trash, so I changed it.
>
> Is that for real or a spoof itself?  If it's real I know a buncha
> guys that will help. ;)

This is real:

https://spoofer.caida.org/recent_tests.php?as_include=19230

These are correlated with conference network deployments at each NANOG
event.  Some NANOG conference networks have SAV deployed (more so
before 2017), but my understanding is that networking equipment does
not come with SAV enabled by default, so it is easy to overlook.

Matthew