SRv6 Capable NOS and Devices

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Jan 12 08:34:54 UTC 2022

On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 at 00:00, Adam Thompson <athompson at merlin.mb.ca> wrote:

> My question is, why do you think you need Segment Routing at all?  Is your network so enormously large and/or complex that IS-IS (and/or MPLS-TE) isn't capable of handling it?
> So far, SR looks like a solution in search of a problem, at least to me.

SR is terrific, SRv6 is snake-oil.

Everyone needs some type of tunnelling in most modern applications of
the network. maybe for pseudowires, repair, l3 vpns, traffic
engineering or just removing state and signalling from backbone.
Signalling labels via IGP is obviously better than via LDP.

--
  ++ytti