VPN recommendations?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Feb 10 18:55:40 UTC 2022

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 10:04 AM David Guo <david at xtom.com> wrote:
> You may try WireGuard and use ddns

Hi David,

My understanding is that Wireguard is software available for general
purpose operating systems. I specifically need a set of hardware
network appliances. I don't overly care which protocol they're running
as long as an initiator stuck behind a nat box I don't control can
maintain a connection with a hub and handle speeds in the100mbps to
10gbps.

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 10:12 AM Mike Lyon <mike.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:
> How about running ZeroTier on those Linux boxes and call it a day?
> https://www.zerotier.com/

I specifically cannot use general purpose Linux machines for this. I
need network appliances.

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 10:26 AM Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> tailscale

I specifically need an integrated network appliance, not software I
add to something.

I love my Linux-based VPN servers but my customer very specifically
said no. I can't publicly explain why but trust me when I say it's a
"hard no" and it's not a question of persuasion or education. My
customer understands and likes Linux but he simply cannot use it this
time.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--