2749 routes AT RISK - Re: TIMELY/IMPORTANT - Approximately 40 hours until potentially significant routing changes (re: Retirement of ARIN Non-Authenticated IRR scheduled for 4 April 2022)

Kenneth Finnegan kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 20:05:30 UTC 2022

Howdy All,

While I agree that it might be politically entertaining to let this
one blow up as a demonstration of how ARIN conducts business, this
list of networks includes too many small networks who likely don't
have a savy networking engineering team.

In my opinion, they are not acceptable collateral damage to
demonstrate ARIN's lack of regard for the community in shutting this
down without a transition plan for the RPSL objects, so as one of the
admins for the ALTDB IRR database, I've taken it upon myself to create
proxy registrations for all of these prefixes in ALTDB.

Like any proxy registration, asset owners are welcome to contact the
maint POC, and if no response from them, db-admin at altdb.net,
requesting that stale records be deleted, but please also note that
ALTDB automatically deletes any route objects which conflict with a
publishes RPKI ROA, so the most effective way to clean up stale IRR
records is to publish RPKI ROAs for your address space.
--
Kenneth Finnegan
ALTDB Admin