Network visibility

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Thu Oct 21 18:00:53 UTC 2021

Me... 67.

I arrived as an MIT Freshman, about a month before Ray Tomlinson sent
the first ARPANET email (1971), and then about 15 years later had an
office next to him at BBN.  I was at BBN when the guy in the next office
pulled the plug on the ARPANET.

(And... just because the topic of network management systems started
this whole thing, my name is on the Architecture document for DDN
Network Management.)

Barry Shein (bzs) was the guy who finally pushed NSF into allowing
commercial traffic (he was running "The World" - the first service to
provide public access to the backbone).

Miles Fidelman

Kain, Becki (.) wrote:
> How old are all you people?
>
> 😊
>
> (JK)

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown