IPv6 and CDN's

Jean St-Laurent jean at ddostest.me
Sun Nov 28 14:20:33 UTC 2021

I like to put some servers behind that scheme.

2601::443:xxxx for https servers

2601::25:xxxx for MTA servers.

2601::993:xxxx for IMAP

It gives a quick note of what is that ip even though it’s ipv6 and usually non-human readable.

Not sure what kind of scheme is use by medium/big ISP.

Do you go by zip code of the area covered or some kind of logical to help people know what is behind that ipv6 network?

Jean