How to Fix IP GEO for google/youtube tv

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Mar 11 17:23:32 UTC 2021

On 3/11/21 2:36 AM, William Guo wrote:
> but they don't wanna improve it for some reason.

That is both unfair and wrong.

I know for a fact that they do want their internal GeoIP to be as
accurate as possible and that they do want to improve the inaccuracies
if and when possible.

I have personally submitted a handful of GeoIP changes through channels.
  It does take a wile O(weeks) to complete.  But it /does/ complete.

If you have a GGC node, you can reach out to the GGC operations team for
help resolving GeoIP issues.  Ostensibly the GGC operations team focuses
on GGC related issues.  But they should be able to document the issue
and send it to proper internal teams anyway.

I would assume that Google's NOC can also re-route issues as necessary.

I believe that saying "they don't wanna improve" as a fact, vs an
opinion, is disingenuous and somewhat rude.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die