CGNAT

Kevin Burke kburke at burlingtontelecom.com
Wed Mar 3 17:42:23 UTC 2021

Can you share your cost comparison?

If I assume the IPv4 purchased addresses will be useful for the next 15+ years they do make a ton of sense.  Estimating the amount of traffic 5+ years from now is not something I have high confidence in.  Making predictions is hard, especially about the future.

What kind of IPv4/IPv6 traffic ratio's should we expect 5-15 years from now?  I assume there is no simple answer for this.

An ISP with mostly enterprise customer's would expect different assumptions from a mobile phone provider.  This may be one of those times where every answer is correct, just not for everyone.  The whole "one size fits some" kind of solution.

Kevin Burke
802-540-0979
Burlington Telecom

200 Church St, Burlington, VT