IPv6 and multicast listener discovery

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at es.net
Mon Jun 7 16:34:07 UTC 2021

Are your links or hosts limited in some way or broadcast domains
of some unreasonable size?  Most of the competent switching or
managed wireless products will snoop or otherwise handle this
overhead in a sane manner.  Otherwise this at best would seem to
be an over-optimization.

>From my days on a giant campus network the current pps rate of MLD
chatter was much lower than the IPX/SAP broadcasts we had from
20-25 yrs earlier.

Dale

Thus spake William Herrin (bill at herrin.us) on Fri, Jun 04, 2021 at 02:01:19PM -0700: