1G/10G BaseT switch recommendation

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu Jul 22 18:46:50 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for recommendations from the community on 48x10G RJ45/4-6 SFP28 (uplink ports) switches that people actually like working with.

Features are VPC or non-vendor specific equivalent, L2/L3 BGP/OSPFv3, ACLs, functional CoPP and some sort of API to manage them. [the CLI would work, my lib can handle most Networking OS CLIs anyway]

My problem point is coming from the RJ45 requirement, most vendors have one switch that they sell that is RJ45 at 10G or at the most one in each line (enterprise/datacenter) and they seem to be almost an afterthought. [probably because SFP28 is better in every way if you are already using fiber at the endpoint] sadly, we are not.

I just want to make sure I am not excluding any vendors from my research.

I appreciate any suggestions or recommendations. Can even keep it off-list if you want.

Thanks,
-Drew