End-user Alert Delivery (was Re: NDAA passed: Internet and Online Streaming Services Emergency Alert Study)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jan 14 04:52:47 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 7:58 PM Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> Last time I looked, consumer residential smoke detectors were still running
> off 9V alkaline batteries, which are expected to run the device for 6 months
> of 1/99 duty cycle (or less, probably *way* less).

Ordinary ionization-based smoke detectors use a 10-year lithium
battery, which is about the same lifespan as the americium-based
detector circuit as it begins to decay into neptunium.

You may now resume your argument over how much battery drain is too much.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
Hire me! https://bill.herrin.us/resume/