ARIN customers / members (was: Re: questions about ARIN ipv6 allocation)

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Dec 9 17:57:44 UTC 2021

hi joh,

thanks for numbers in the shape i remember them.  my only comment would
be a nit

> 15250 Legacy non-contracted (receiving services w/o fee or agreement / Not Members)
                                        ^ some

as i do not follow arin news, i found this even more interesting

> The situation for ARIN’s IPv4/IPv6 customers will change in January,
> when all customers with IPv4 and/or IPv6 number resources will pay on
> the same fee table for ARIN registry services and will all be ARIN
> Members and will all have the opportunity to participate in ARIN
> governance if they wish.

is arin going to a flat rate scheme from scaled while ripe is
contemplating going from flat to scaled?  i would be the proverbial fly
on the wall if/when you and hans petter exchange lessons learned.

randy