Cable Company Hotspots

Steven Shalita sshali at pluribusnetworks.com
Fri Nov 20 23:36:07 UTC 2020

That is how Comcast (in the US) does it.  They have a single gateway that
provides the subscriber services and then allows a public hotspot.  Various
levels of authentication are used so only “customers” can access via their
login, or truly public.  They have different QoS for the “subscriber” and
hot spot.    In business environments they do the same ting, splitting the
business customers gateway into the customer and the hotspot traffic.

Now not sure about how this might be for Europe with local regulations, but
technically it is done all the time.