Layer 3 Switches

Nathaniel Wingard nwingard at knownsecret.org
Sat Jun 27 02:53:53 UTC 2020

I'm looking to replace some access switches (Cisco Catalyst 3750 and 3560G).
I really just need L2 features (stacking, PoE+, VLAN). I've found a 2960X
that I like, but Cisco is pushing their 9200 series. The only downside I see
is that the 9200s look to all have Layer 3 features. I've always shied away
from L3 switches when I don't need the L3 features, but I don't have any
solid reason not to just use the switches and turn off the L3 features I
don't need. I'm looking for thoughts on this approach.

Thanks,
Nathaniel