favorite network troubleshooting tools (online)

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Jul 16 18:15:11 UTC 2020

>> what are your favorite network troubleshooting tools?

I thought I'd add a little data to my first response:

To watch the network in real time with syslog, which puts
messages in /var/log/router.log:

tail -f /var/log/router.log | egrep -vi 'terms|I|do|not|want|to|see|SyncConfigOK|SaveConfigSucceeded|LogFile|etcetera|etcetera'

To look for a problems on router1:

grep -i router1 /var/log/router.log | egrep -vi 'terms|I|do|not|want|to|see' | less

scott

ps. it's free.  no cost.  low learning curve.  easy and fast.