5G roadblock: labor

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Fri Jan 3 18:35:56 UTC 2020

On Friday, 3 January, 2020 10:53, Radu-Adrian Feurdean <nanog at radu-adrian.feurdean.net> wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 3, 2020, at 16:38, Paul Nash wrote:

>>> And more interestingly, if that city's residents and visitors had the
>>> option of connecting to active 5G or wi-fi, what do we think they'd
>>> choose?

>> They’d probably choose whichever popped un onto the device first.

> Don't know how things work in US, but mobile devices sold here in Europe
> do prefer wifi over cellular. If a pre-"approved" wifi network exists,
> and it doesn't have a captive portal, it will be systematically
> preferred.

> And here in France we have some networks lile this. they use SIM-EAP.

How absolutely awful that must be, to always be relegated to slow and insecure childrens band.  I turn off childrens band (WiFi) on my phone with extreme prejudice and it stays that way.  I have yet to meet a childrens band network (WiFi) that was worth connecting too.

Then again I don't play on my phone ...