QUIC traffic throttled on AT&T residential

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Wed Feb 19 20:32:48 UTC 2020

On 2/19/2020 2:01 PM, Daniel Sterling wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 2:55 PM Blake Hudson <blake at ispn.net> wrote:
>> I'm guessing ATT doesn't disclose this policy transparently either.
> they disclose it pretty transparently to their customers in the form
> of very slow youtube traffic when using v4 QUIC ;)

Yeah, that was a nice surprise to find that my tethered LTE connection
was out performing my wired cable modem service. Of course, I had
already signed up for a year of service and there were early termination
fees for cancelling... that and there are no other wireline providers
available at my home (not even ATT).