Reminiscing our first internet connections (WAS) Re: akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Mon Feb 17 20:43:02 UTC 2020

A PRI was and still is 23B+D, not 24 2B+D lines.

23B+D (ISDN PRI or Primary Rate Interface) is  23x64 kbps bearer
channels and a 64 kbps Delta channel carried on a B8ZS T1

You could carry additional groups of 24 B channels using NFAS, or
Non-Facility Associated Signalling where the D channel on the first
PRI carried the call setup and teardown information for the
additional B channels on up to 20 PRI circuits.

2B+D (ISDN BRI or Basic Rate Interface) 2x64 kbps bearer channels and
a 16 kbps Delta channel carried on an 144 kbps 2B1Q U interface.