akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Feb 12 15:57:09 UTC 2020

Our CEO tweeted out a new platform peak yesterday which when you round it from the many trailing 9’s is 140T.

https://twitter.com/TomLeightonAKAM/status/1227389107665592320

I want to ensure the bits get through with the least pain as possible.

I’m expecting more of the same in the future, so if you’re not talking to someone here and we caused you some pain, I can help.  A number of people reached out in the past 24h and I think i’m all caught up on those, but while regular IXP peering can help in many places, if we can offload on a high capacity PNI that is my preference.

- Jared