Customer sending blackhole route with another provider's AS

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Tue Feb 11 18:00:46 UTC 2020

Anyone that is using blackhole communities should have enough Clue-fu
to adjust announcements along each pathway to have the correct sequence
of ASNs.  Passing a route with a different upstream's ASN as the origin,
instead
of their own, is just *asking* for "blackhole leakage", where they
inadvertently
become a conduit for blackhole prefixes from provider A getting
redistributed to
you as provider B.

Push back on them, and indicate they must pass properly-crafted AS-PATH
attributes to you in order to be accepted.  If they don't know how to do
that,
a) they shouldn't be mucking with blackhole communities, and b) they should
consider hiring Clue-fu to bring their network policies up to snuff.   ^_^;

Matt